Sunday, November 8, 2015

Monday Morning Book Club: The Best Yes



A couple of weeks back some new IG and blogging friends decided to put together a Monday Morning Book Club and asked me if I'd like to join in. ABSOLUTELY! It's been ages since I've sat down to read a solid book myself, I always mean to,  I enjoy reading but certainly haven't found the time to do it much since becoming a mama. I know plenty of mamas who make reading a regular habit in their lives so I know its possible but for reasons beyond my comprehension it hasn't happened with me just yet.

So, when the ladies said what book we'd be reading I was all over it. Clearly I'm in major need of the authors wisdom. "The Best Yes"  by Lysa Terkeurst, is the read and I couldn't be more interested in what she has to say. I'm prone to saying YES to most everything out of a slight need to people please then regret my YES later out of sheer panic wondering how I'll carry it through. What is that about?!
I know I'm not the only one, especially as we are descending upon the Holidays when there will be a hundred different things to say YES to and a hundred different ways to make you want to pull your hair out. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover but this books cover says it all and invites me to partake of the refreshing antidote to the modern day social illness that is the need to please.  "The Best Yes" Making Wise Decisions In The Midst Of Endless Demands

Take a quick look at the bullet points from the back cover, realize you need to read this book with me and go buy your copy at Barnes & Noble or Amazon.

- Cure the disease to please with a biblical understanding of the command to love.
- Escape the shame and guilt of disappointing others by learning the secret of the small no.
- Overcome the agony of hard choices by embracing a wisdom-based decision-making process.
- Rise above the rush of endless demands and discover your Best Yes today.


Seeing as how I was meant to introduce you to this fantastic Monday Morning Book Club Last Monday and royally failed to do so because of all the things I've said YES to I obviously need to stop typing and start reading. Eek, I need what this woman's writing!!

Won't you join me, us, we? The lovely lady hosts of the Monday Morning Book Club and all the other brave and tired woman who join us in reading and discussing Lysa TerKeurst's "The Best Yes"! Check in here each week to read a recap of the chapters and our thoughts on the book. Also, be sure to join us on Instagram as me and the other hosts hold a  chat loop every Monday and subscribe to my email list to be alerted when the newest post is live!




















No comments:

Post a Comment